Saturday, April 23, 2011

My New Friend Zoe from Rouen!

Hello Everyone!  I made a new friend today at lunch...her name is Zoe and she's 3 years old.  (4 next month)

Zoe, her mom & dad and big sister sat next to us today at the bistro that we were having lunch in.  I always love to sit outside, (as any of my friends will tell you) and in Europe their sense of personal space is different than that of an American.  It's not bad, just a bit strange until you get used to it.

Zoe's family was there for a pre-birthday lunch for her sister who will turn 6 on Easterday this year.  Zoe was extra hungery waiting for her food and a bit fidgety.  Her mom apologized to us polietly and explained in English what was going on.  We already had our food, along with a basket of French Bagget.  We offered the girls some bread until their food came and guess what...I have a new friend!

By the end of lunch, Zoe was over on my side of the table, almost sitting in my lap trying to teach me  French!  As we were leaving she said to me in French, (translated by her mom),  "Good bye my new little friend!"  Too Cute!!

I will post again about Rouen and post pictures, but I wanted my new friend to have her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment