Thursday, April 21, 2011

Leaving Paris- au revoir

Bonjour Dear Readers!

My internet was really spotty yesterday, so I wasn't able to update you so I'm going to start by telling you about yesterday...my last day in Paris. I must say that the weather here in France is abnormally warm for this time of the year!  It's in the upper 70's, clear blue skies, fluffy white clouds...just my kind of day!

We started out our day with a shore excursion...a 3.5 hour motorcoach tour around Paris..  It was nice to get a professional tour with a licesenced local guide with all of the knowledge and passion that Isabelle had for her city!  One of my favorite stops was the beautiful and peaceful Luxenburg Gardens!  There were tulips in bloom and the garden was refereshing!  The Parisian people come outside into he gardens and parks quit a bit as their apartments can be really small.

In the afternoon Mom and I took the optional excursion to the Palace of Versailles.  It was about a 30 - 40 minute drive from Paris.  We had a scheduled time with our group, so we didn't have to wait in the very long line.  Our guide was again very knowledgeable and made the trip so special!  The Palace was so opulant with all the Gold Leaf.  I will add pictures a bit later!

Once we came back to the ship, we rested for a little bit before heading out to dinner off the ship!  Now don't get me wrong, the food on the ship is ABSOLUTLY wonderful!  REALLY!  But Mom and I were invite to dinner by Avalon Waterway and were excited to go.  We took a cab over to a little area of Paris that Jean-Loup our cruise director recommended.  WHAT A TREAT!

Imagine a little plaza with a very intamate feel, not a touristy area, but locals...with at least 4 little cafes with outdoor bistro tables.  We had a wonderful meal, wonderful conversation, wonderful weather, wonderful shopping, wonderful walking and then a wonderful trip back to the ship!  LOL 

On the way back, we were just in time to see the Eiffle Tower's sparkling light show that lasts for 10 - 15 minutes every evening!  WOW!  Pretty stinking cool!

Some of you have emailed me and asked me about the ship, the food and the people.

The ship is very nice as expected.  Our beds are very comfortable, with a pillow menu and a fluffy comforter and soft blanket.  There is 172 sq ft in our stateroom...which is one of the largest river cruise stateooms in Europe.  The shower is large enough for me to be able to shave my legs without any problem!  (A major accomplishment on any cruise vessle)

Our stateroom is near the back of the ship...2 rooms from the back lounge with the coffee maker!  Machito, capachino and coffee available at the touch of the button! 

There is a very nice buffet breakfast with egg station, a lovely buffet lunch with also a "quick light lunch" available in the lounge.  The dinner is a sit-down affair with white table clothe and wonderful service.  It's about 6 courses, but don't worry!  Each course is smallish...(Not too little) but enough for a good taste and not to fill you up too much so that you can enjoy the rest of the meal.  I wish that you were all with me so you could enjoy it with me!

OK...this is pretty long so I'll go for now.  I will try to upload some pictures soon.

Bye

1 comment:

  1. Wow the day sounded magical. So glad you got to enjoy the trip with your mom.

    ReplyDelete