Monday, May 30, 2011

Thinking about my visit to the Normandy Landing Beaches

Today I'm thinking about the thousands of white crosses that I saw on Easter Sunday this year when I visited the American Cemetery in Normandy France.  Our service men and women are to be admired and thanked for the service that they are willing to give to our country.

On my visit I found that standing on the cliff at Pointe-Du-Hoc really left me humbled and proud.  The very deep scares left from the bombs really helped me see how big the explosions must have been and made me think about how frightened these young men must have been.  Yet, they had a job to do and had the courage and bravery to push ahead in order to liberate first France, and then the rest of Europe. 

My father spent 30 years in the Navy and my Grandfather also served.  I thank them both today for their service and sacrifice.

Thank you to all military personnel and their families all they do for me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment